MOTION DYNAMIC FORK TECHNOLOGY
MOTION France has developped an innovative suspended front fork technology called DYNAMIC. The performances for damping and guiding are higher regards to traditional telescopic forks.
The DYNAMIC technology was built on several patents giving the following characteristics :
- Very high sensitivity and progressivity : grip and confort exceed the actual references,
- Anti-dive behaviour : 100% of the travel are kept in all situations, also during high braking,
- Rigidity : precision of the guiding is unmatched,
- Lightness, reliability, sustainibility, the Dynamic technology does not require any maintenance.
The Motion France fork can be divided in 3 parts :
- A sustain chassis without any maintenance : it is ensuring the anti-dive behaviour, the guiding and the compression path adapted to your use. You can keep it longer than your bike !
- A composite blade exchangeable : adapted to your weight and piloting style, they are exchangeable in few seconds to answer perfectly to your needs.
- A damper that enables to set the suspension in compression and rebound or to lock it.
No more misadjustment, your fork will remain as the fist day.
THE ANTI-DIVE FRAME
When braking with a standard telescopic fork, the fork is automatically compressed and up to 80% of the shock absorbing capacity can be lost. The MOTION France fork has been specifically designed to remain uncompressed when braking.
The dynamic fork frame uses braking energy to counteract automatically, instantly and exactly all compression forces in the fork. It is independent of the rider’s weight and the brake power, which is a real technical achievement.
Whatever happens, the fork does not dive and keeps 100% of travel available for shock absorption.
- Minimizing accidents like Over The Bike
- More stable
- Better absorption of the shocks: 7 times better during braking
- More efficient
- Quicker in curves & downhills as you can brake whenever you want
- Better grip
The Wave© is the curved composite carbon blade that reacts immediately: no friction. There is no threshold of trigger in opposition to classic forks. Furthermore, simply pulling the blade offers an incredibly progressive resistance.
- more comfort
- more grip
- frictionless system
Sensitivity won’t change over time. The fork will still be smooth and progressive as its first day!
The Flow© is our pulled damper with a true-shaft technology, integrated cooling system and frictionless design.
The settings are infinate and easy thanks to our unique Motion technology.
- Less pieces and seals
- Better sensitivity and reliability
- No overheating
- Compression and rebound settings
- No maintenance
WHY THE FORK IS SO SENSITIVE ?
A telescopic fork has a trigger point, around 20-30 kg, below which it does not react to shocks and as a consequence does not damp. This trigger point comes from the inevitable frictions between the upper and lower telescopic tubes and between the seals and the pneumatic spring sides.
The MOTION dynamic fork does not have these elements. The composite blades, which are replacing the pneumatic spring, does not have any friction, and the chassis is assembled on composite bushes with very limited frictions. This technology enables to reach a trigger point at maximum 1 kg.
Our damper technology is frictionless thanks to its own design. The hydraulic chamber in contact with the external seal is at atmospheric pressure which enables the installation of frictionless seals.
Thus, the MOTION fork is minimum 20 times more sensitive than a standard fork !
On the field, you will feel more comfort and unmatched grip: people are talking about the magic carpet. No ants in the hands anymore and no pain in the wrist !
NO WEAR PARTS: HOW IS IT POSSIBLE ?
Actually, the fork has no wear parts. Whatever the way you are riding, the fork behaviour will remain as the first day.
- There is no lubrication oil but only hermetic damping control hydraulic cartridge.
- There are no ball bearings but rather high performance composite bushes ensuring no play over time. No need of oil, grease… because this technology is used in the seabeds.
- The composite blades are used in traction and not in flexion. This enables to have:
– stress concentrations distributed on the whole blade and not only on a unique central point,
– the composite fibers are stretched and not broken.
These blades were tested on destructive tests till 2 tons and in fatigue test during 2 millions cycles (after 5 days, we decided to stop because they were like new).
OUR TECHNOLOGY TO THE TESTS !
Today, our technology is proven by 50 prototypes which ride every days. We organized in particular a development program as close as possible to the riders.
FEW EXPLANATIONS ON OUR TECHNOLOGY !
End of 2016, following our communication campaign, Vorsprung suspension (a canadian company dedicated to MTB suspension service) posted through pinkbike a video which explained the important differences between telescopic technology and linkage forks.
This video confirms number of design subjects and Motion wanted to thank Vorsprung posting answers to few questions raised.